In this section you will find all of the tools necessary to effectively and successfully manage and implement Learning Ally's (formerly RFB&D) AudioPlus® and AudioAccessSM audiobooks in the classroom. There are resources for parents, teachers and the administrator of the schools’ Learning Through Listening (LTL) program.
Learning Ally's Training Center: This section contains valuable information about web-based training materials you can use to familiarize yourself with the Learning Through Listening (LTL) Program and many other resources for teachers to use in the classroom.
Learning Ally's Audiobooks and the Learning Through Listening (LTL) Program: This section contains information on how audiobooks differ from commercially available audiobooks, the benefits they have for teachers and students and summaries of the scientifically-based research Learning Ally has commissioned.
Organizing the Learning Through Listening (LTL) Program: In this section you will find a variety of downloadable forms that will simplify the set up and organization of your LTL program.
Implementing the Learning Through Listening (LTL) Program: This section contains resources and training videos that will assist you in incorporating audiobooks into your daily schedule and lesson planning.
Learning Through Listening in Your Classroom: A Guide to Implementing Your Learning Ally Program: View this video guide to program implementation.
- Part 1 — A welcome to our video guide to successfully incorporating the Learning Through Listening program into your classroom. We visited with Anne Echols and Alisha White, experienced teachers at the Howard School in Atlanta, Georgia, to hear how they have been successfully using the Learning Through Listening program in their classrooms every day. Watch Video
- Part 2 — Anne and Alisha explain the importance of using recorded books to help students learn phonemic awareness and other skills considered critical by the National Reading Panel. Watch Video
- Part 3 — Explore the importance of listening skills for academic achievement and the additional benefits to students’ self esteem and independence. Watch Video
- Part 4 — Tips from the teachers on how to implement the program in various classroom settings, such as whole group, small group and listening centers. Watch Video
- Part 5 — Advice on how to incorporate the Learning Through Listening program into your daily classroom routine. Watch Video